måndag 2 maj 2011

Some great news!

Reform at Myspace
Digg Reformed
Digg Uncut & Lo-Fi
Buy our albums
Review of Uncut & Lo-Fi
Review of Easy
Reform's GrIndie award
Reformed is reviewed by Meadow Music (SE)
Reformed is reviewed by Meadow Music (EN)
Reformed is reviewed by Music Stage (SE)
Check out Reform at Facebook
Opinions about Reform at DN Påstan(Swedish)
Visit A&R Jesper Bergman and receive 2 barcodes (UPC) for free!

Today is a very joyful and happy day, although I am in bed with the flu!

The jam on Sunday has an almost complete line-up:

Electric bass: Myself
Double bass: Christer Bjernelind (Archimedes Badkar)
Electric guitar: Jonas Englund (Malak taus & Konstruktion Abstraktion)
Electric guitar: Peter Åkerberg
Keyboard: Mattias Lennestig
Keyboard: Magnus Ramel
(Keyboard: Milton Öhrström)
Percussion: Anders Bergman
Percussion: Bill Öhrström
Drums: Åke Eriksson
Drums: ?

As you can see the second drum chair is still not set. I am still waiting for some calls. Bill's son Milton will maybe join us on keyboard. That would be nice! Anyway, I have a feeling that Sunday will be great.

Another huge thing is that one of my idols and one of Sweden's, or maybe the world's or universe's, greatest electronic composers, Ralph Lundsten, has agreed to collaborate on our new album! I wanted to make the album as a "journey" with sound-bridges leading the listener from one song to the next. Ralph has agreed to help me with these bridges, which in fact is something huge!!! I can hardly believe it myself.

When I studied at the Royal University I had the privilege to have Ralph's old collaborator Leo Nilsson as a teacher of electro acoustics and electronic composition. Leo was a really interesting person who caught his students with experiments and weird anecdotes. The first time I met Leo I was late for class and stumble on the threshold as I entered the classroom. Leo immediately wanted me to do the exact stumble and sound once again so he could record it, but, of course, it was impossible to recreate what had happened. He said that "the sound was lost forever".

The wondrous of music is endless! Today I also received a guitar overdub made by Peter Åkerberg for Happy Landing. It was totally amazing and fit in perfectly with the rest of the music. I have great hopes for this album!!!

Here follows a short three-part-documentary on Ralph. He said in an interview that he does not care too much about receiving prices, but I believe that he should definitely receive the Polar Music Prize!







Enjoy!
Jesper

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar