torsdag 18 mars 2010

Reform, Wilhelm Peterson Berger and Nationalism

Reform at Myspace
Digg Reformed
Digg Uncut & Lo-Fi
Buy our albums
Review of Uncut & Lo-Fi
Reform's GrIndie award
Check out Reform at Facebook
Opinions about Reform at DN Påstan(Swedish)
Visit A&R Jesper Bergman and receive 2 barcodes (UPC) for free!

Hi there!

A few days ago I came to think about a piece called In the Fir Wood (I Furuskogen) written by the Swedish national romantic Wilhelm Peterson Berger in the 1890s. Maybe I was a bit touched to see the snow starting to melt away and to hear and see how everything started to live up again after this cold and dark winter. I wanted to arrange and play this beautiful piece! I presented the group with the idea and they agreed to play it. When trying it out with Magnus he suggested a Steve Reich-like improvisation over four chords and I had heard Jonte singing while soloing so I asked hime to make a unison voice-guitar solo. Everything came out beautifully.

In Sweden right wing extremists have stolen our flag and our right to say that we love our country and to sing our national anthem. I love Sweden and its strange, quiet ambience and its beauty with all the woods and all the rivers and lakes and how it is constantly changing because of the huge differences between the four seasons, but I believe in a multicultural society unlike those who call themselves nationalists. I really would like to call myself a nationalist but I cannot because the term is associated with something I definitely do not support!

Here is a link to In the Fir Wood (I Furuskogen) on Spotify. I actually think that the piece sounds like Sweden.

Anyway, Downhill with Anders on drums is also on the "tape". I am right now composing something new for Åke to play on.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



Don't forget the concert on March 28:

Reform Stampen 28 mars 2010

Enjoy and live well!
Jesper

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar